Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Slightly Settled

Hi guys!  This might be the last blog for a few weeks, depending on internet access.  We are moving into our new house in ONE WEEK!  Finally no more of one room with two sleep schedules!  Since they are new villas, the internet has not yet been set up, and can take up to 3 months.  With our experience of things happening at a much slower pace than the states, we are not getting our hopes up about it happening anytime before.  I also begin work next week and our air and sea shipment are being delivered... all exciting news!  

Since the last blog, a lot has happened!

First and foremost, I want to say congratulations to my handsome husband for his promotion to the new Oman Country Manager.  This is a great opportunity for him, and I know he will achieve all goals set because he is just that amazing!  It is a huge step in his career and can be a tad stressful at times so continue to pray for him!  He also got his resident card and driver's license as well so now we are on the prowl for cars!  In addition, it was my birthday as well during this time of transition and he still managed to make it the best birthday ever.  We spent an amazing weekend in Dubai -- you can never go wrong with Dubai!  I went on a little shopping spree (all things I "needed", of course).  And Austin played bell boy for a couple of days.  It was perfect and he still managed to surprise me with a few amazing gifts!  I definitely owe him on this one!  We flew to Dubai instead of driving, and I must say, that is the way to go!  It is only a 45 minute flight and 18 rials ($46) per ticket.  Also, thanks to Johnny our ride to the hotel was already arranged for my bday... a Range Rover!  Once at the Rotana Towers, we checked into our rooms and there was a problem with our AC so we got an upgrade to the big suite.  It was fabulous and included a sitting room, dining area, two bathrooms, and my favorite, a window seat with a fantastic view of the city.  We can't wait to take people when they visit!

We continue to love living here.  It really feels like home- so peaceful and relaxed.  We have made a few more friends and hopefully will make many more after I begin teaching again.  Once Ramadan is over, we should have many more adventures to talk about...  Until then... Thinking of you all!

Xoxo,
Liz  

No comments:

Post a Comment