Sorry it's been so long since the last update friends! I have gotten really horrible at getting on the computer. In my defense, it's very difficult without normal internet at our house, so I must blog at work after work hours. Normal, meaning a connection that does not take 30 minutes to load a page. A connection that Austin is apparently patient enough to use but I, however, am not! One of these days, we will have internet up and running... insha' allah. Also, I ignore the flow of this post... since it's been so long since the last, I am just going to list random facts, that we'd like you to know... So HERE WE GO!
I read yesterday that out of the 150 million orphans in the world, Africa has 50 million. God is really tugging at my heart on this one… please pray that the tug will lead to His honor and glory and not my selfishness. And on the subject of children-- we are expecting a handsome little nephew in February from Brittany and Travis. Austin and I cannot wait to spoil little Houston!!!!!! Congratulations you two, you will make phenomenal parents to the new little Wright!!!! We are so excited about meeting him in the summer.
Also, Ann and TIbby are visiting in a few weeks. Our first visitors in Oman have made us ecstatic! We are so ready to show you around the city. We have a lot planned for you two, so be prepared!!!!! Now, we just have to steal your bed back from Johnny… ;)
Tomorrow, Austin is playing drums at church. I have heard numerous stories of how amazing my husband is at the drums, but I have only heard him play with various body parts making beats and rhymes. I beg him to buy a drum kit and piano to show off his talents (and to romance his wife) but he refuses and says that a pool table is far more important. Thus, making me nervous about hearing him for the first time in a public place. I will let you know what the real judge thinks.
Matt Kirkley is moving here in just a few weeks to work for Halliburton! We are ready to show the little punk around. I am sure that he will enjoy Oman as much as we do... maybe even more since he's fit and enjoys the "football". By the way Kirkley... my zumba instructor is going to be your wife... you wait an see! ;) See you soon darling!
And a little late but... I am sure all of you have heard about the hikers being bailed out by Oman but here's an interesting link that is worth reading. Yay Oman!
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2011/09/2011925211957160525.html
We had the opportunity to visit the US ambassador's house a few days after the hikers flew back to the states. It was neat to be a part of this history. We wanted to take pics, however, a camera didn't fit in my cute small bag that coordinated with my dress so I left it up to others for pics... I am sure there a few floating around somewhere. I will look and relay.
Below are a couple of pictures I snapped on my phone on my drive to work. Just a little slice of Oman...
Thanks for reading and please forgive the random flow of the blog.
Oh, and Ann and Tibby... get your rears here pronto. We can't wait any longer!!!! :))))
The back of an Omani school bus. Look at the little caution sign and hats... so cute!
A typical ride to school... just hanging out


No comments:
Post a Comment