I realize I now sort of suck at updating you all about our life. The reality is, our life is boring. Same thing everyday: work, dinner, maybe a movie, bed time, Austin sleep walks, Liz guides him back to bed, 6am alarm, repeat!
Many friends living in Oman with us have amazing blogs with multiple weekly posts such as "Marin Learns to Ride with TWO Wheels!" or "Ian tries solid food for the first time!"... What can I say, they have children... The children's lives are much more interesting than ours. And let's face it, everyone would rather watch Ian spitting his food all over mommy much more than Austin and Liz's BBQ.
SO I have come to a conclusion! I mean it is definitely the only rational thing to do...
I think we must have a baby. This way, your blog shall be updated regularly, and I will have a companion in this journey of moving around the world. Babies even help you make "Insta-Friends". You go to another country and suddenly your calendar is full of play dates! I mean, who needs to speak the same language? Not babies!
Besides, I wanted a dog and decided that was a bad decision. One, because we already had to give a dog away when we first got married because she was bored out of her mind. And two, because I took the online test for the dog breed we should get and it informed me, we needed a pet turtle. And turtles are gross and definitely not loveable.
So, let's get Austin on the same page. I am going to need help with this one! I have wanted to be a mommy since I was 3 years old; Austin... not so much. I have even tried to persuade him with pinterest "baseball baby rooms".... because we are Wrights, and Wrights only have boys! I think it did tug at his heart a bit but I am still working on the "yes".
Anyways, now I ramble. We will be in the US the month of July. SOOOOOO soon. We are ready to see everyone! We miss and love you!
oh, and my bday is in August (in case you somehow forgot). We probably will not be there by that time but I will accept early gifts. I like shoes (size 8), picture frames, and funky jewelry. ;)
Many friends living in Oman with us have amazing blogs with multiple weekly posts such as "Marin Learns to Ride with TWO Wheels!" or "Ian tries solid food for the first time!"... What can I say, they have children... The children's lives are much more interesting than ours. And let's face it, everyone would rather watch Ian spitting his food all over mommy much more than Austin and Liz's BBQ.
SO I have come to a conclusion! I mean it is definitely the only rational thing to do...
I think we must have a baby. This way, your blog shall be updated regularly, and I will have a companion in this journey of moving around the world. Babies even help you make "Insta-Friends". You go to another country and suddenly your calendar is full of play dates! I mean, who needs to speak the same language? Not babies!
Besides, I wanted a dog and decided that was a bad decision. One, because we already had to give a dog away when we first got married because she was bored out of her mind. And two, because I took the online test for the dog breed we should get and it informed me, we needed a pet turtle. And turtles are gross and definitely not loveable.
So, let's get Austin on the same page. I am going to need help with this one! I have wanted to be a mommy since I was 3 years old; Austin... not so much. I have even tried to persuade him with pinterest "baseball baby rooms".... because we are Wrights, and Wrights only have boys! I think it did tug at his heart a bit but I am still working on the "yes".
Anyways, now I ramble. We will be in the US the month of July. SOOOOOO soon. We are ready to see everyone! We miss and love you!
oh, and my bday is in August (in case you somehow forgot). We probably will not be there by that time but I will accept early gifts. I like shoes (size 8), picture frames, and funky jewelry. ;)
You're right. You must do it for the blog! It's the only logical conclusion. :) Although babies and romantic Sri Lankan getaways don't exactly mix. Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDelete