Liz and I are about to return from our trip to Europe. We visited France and Liz loved it. We visited London and we both loved it. The appeal for dreary, cold, and rainy isn't too great for someone in the US, but it's outstanding after 6 months in the Middle East! This was the longest vacation I have been on since starting work and it has been great. Not going to say I haven't checked the phone or email, but I think Liz was impressed. We visited the typical tourist destinations like Stonehenge, Bath, Windsor Castle, Buckingham Palace, Eye of London, etc. Oh yeah.... we also ate a lot of pork! Besides the pork, my favorite was the town of Bath. Very cool community with great history. We would like to take another trip and stay a few days there. I am not one for tour buses so we were fortunate enough to meet up with friends in London. They were transferred to London from Houston about a year ago and were gracious enough to give us a tour. Surprisingly, London isn't that big. We were able to spend a day walking and see the majority of the city. In addition to sight-seeing and pubs we were able to see 3 shows while in town: Wicked, We Will Rock You (Tribute to Queen), and Legally Blonde. All very manly shows! I'd like to say I didn't enjoy them as much as I did. The food was great, the people were mostly friendly, and there are great things to see. I would highly recommend a trip to London for anyone looking for a good time!
Here are a few of our favorite pictures. If you'd like to see more, go to
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10101451920291970.3327669.7921163&type=1&l=8200b3f1c7
 |
| Stonehenge |
 |
| Big Ben |
 |
| London Eye |
 |
| Before NYE celebration |
 |
| Roman Baths |
 |
| Windsor Castle |
 |
| Buckingham Palace |
No comments:
Post a Comment