Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Surprise!

When I arrived at work today, I was graced with extra hugs and kisses from my students.  Just thinking they were the most precious things on earth, I looked past the extra affection.  A couple minutes later, a girl from my class gives me a bouquet of flowers and says nothing but, "These are for you."  Oh goly!  Flowers!?  For nothing?!  Austin could use some tips from my kiddos!  At calendar time, a boy raised his hand and told me February was a special month because it was my half birthday month.  Still being a blonde and completely oblivious, I thought I had taught this 5 year old to calculate half of a year.  We then go to snack and in walk two parents holding a gift and cupcakes... "SURPRISE!" everyone yells.  I was so confused still answering with, "What is the for?  Valentines?"... Nope!  It was my half birthday!  Since My bday is in August my wonderful room mothers decided to have a half birthday in which I was completely shocked!!!  This is definitely a first.  Thank you everyone that made this ordinary day so special!

My flowers for "no reason"


Gift from my students: a necklace that says "Elizabeth" in Arabic

After they sang Happy Birthday Cha, Cha, Cha, they made me go the the prize box. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment