I am serious. When picking a new puppy I thought through all of the facts for many months. Size, temperament, training, traveling...etc. I had my mind set on a yorkie. They are small enough to take as our carry on. They like to sleep. They are clever and easy to train. And like to cuddle... PERFECT! So here I am in Oman in search of a Yorkie. The pet shops here are definitely not a place I would ever buy a dog. The poor doggies are brought in from Philippine puppy mills and not taken care of. Not that I wouldn't want to save every single one of them but want this to stop. It is so cruel and a very sad sight to see. Luckily, I made a post on facebook asking about yorkies and an ex student's mother sent me an email. There was a lady from South Africa that had two yorkies that recently had puppies. She was interviewing for good homes. YAY! Jackpot! I met her that afternoon and fell in love. After a few weeks of convincing Austin the money of this dog is well worth my happiness and him staying sleeping in our bed, we bought a yorkie!
Tex is gentle, playful, 80% potty trained, has all his shots, microchiped, loves to sleep, sleeps late, a snuggler, and loves his momma! :) He is the most precious dog I have ever met. I woke up two nights ago and was sleeping on my side only to find Tex also sleeping on his side facing me. His head was on the pillow and paw on my heart. I wanted to wake up Austin to take a picture but knew he would kill me for interrupting his "beauty sleep". Anyways, Tex is wonderful! Even Austin likes him!! And as strange as it sounds, I love Tex so much, I cannot imagine loving a baby more... haha.
Oh, and Alex (our neighbor) bought the brother, so they always have a play date!
![]() |
| How can you not love that face?! |
![]() |
| Alex and her new yorkie Bruno |




No comments:
Post a Comment