Friday, October 26, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding



October 20, 2012 Krista Henager married Nathanael Gorsline in a quaint autumn wedding.  The trees were just beginning to change beautiful shades of orange, yellow and reds making a setting of a fairy tale.   Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this amazing day.  It was beautiful.  Nathanael, you are a lucky man. Love you guys!



"It all began one sunny morning at Alba Golden High School,
Krista was a new student from Dallas and was just too cool!
“Hi, my name's Elizabeth and I am on the Student Council”, was how I was introduced,
I’m pretty sure Krista thought I was a character from Dr. Suess.
Well Alba is full of “country folks” who rodeo at night,
Who would have thought a fancy “city girl” would ever see such a sight?

I’m sure she thought that Dallas was way cooler of a place,
That’s until she met a boy named Chad Gray.
Soon Chad and Krista became the new Alba item.
But who would have thought I would be the one standing beside them?
Some would call it luck and some would call it fate,
But Chad Grey’s brother, Ian, asked me on a date!
We quickly got rid of the two boys but our friendship started there,
Neither of us could imagine the great times that we would soon share.
 
I claimed Krista's trundle bed, and took it as my own.
We had repeated nights of laughter... more than we'd ever known.
Little did mom and Marlon know I would never leave!
And they would adopt another daughter, and mouth to feed. 

Krista and I went through many awkward stages,
We sported boy ninja turtle shirts and bright colored braces!
We would turn up Britney Spears as loud as it would go
And felt so cool cruisin’ the Alba streets in Kenesha (my Kia Rio).

In just a few short years we had grown very close
Knowing everything about the other, much more than most
Sadly, it was time for college and off to Austin I went
I will always cherish those special nights in Alba that we spent.
 
Krista…
Through the ins and outs, and the thick and the thin,
No matter what's happened, there have you been
You smile when I need it and listen when I grieve,
You hug me when I cry and leave mascara on your sleeve
I treasure you like a sister, more than diamonds or gold,
And I promise that I will until we’re saggy and old
I’m so honored to have stood beside you as you said “I do”,
I am certain I would not be the woman I am without a friend like you! 

Nathanael...
In summary I hope you see just what Krista means to me.
She's not just my best friend, she's my family.
So a toast to my best friend and the luckiest man I know,
When you decide to spoil her with a car, don't look past a Kia Rio!

                                                                       




No comments:

Post a Comment