This weekend was the best yet and three days thanks to a random holiday! We have been so busy, we have not had any time for just the two of us. It was really wonderful to hang out just as husband and wife.
Friday we attended the protestant church here. Being two of three Americans we saw, it was a real eye opener seeing all different nationalities worshiping God; many who are not allowed in their native country. Those were the ones that seemed to have the most joy; always smiling and praising Jesus without reservation. Watching others really reminded me how lucky I am to live in America and worship so freely... yet, somehow we still sometimes end up as those "Sunday Christians" still believing we are going to spend eternity in Heaven, but not following through in our day to day actions merely attending church on Sunday, listening to the sermon, and having an occasional Bible study. Not REALLY giving it ALL to the Lord and living our life for Him. If only all Christians were as devoted as the Muslims... It's a shame that having a grace based faith often makes us so complacent.
On another note, Austin took me to see some of God's wonders today. We went snorkeling. I have never had a better day!!!! I was extremely scared at first being a horrible swimmer, but A-tex took great care of me, holding my hand the entire time! It was amazing all the marine life you could see: multiple schools of fish all in sync in their movement, stingrays perfectly blended into the bottom of the ocean, and my favorite the sea turtles! I felt like I was in Finding Nemo. :) Austin tells me it gets much better and we will have to go farther out next time. Until then, I am looking for hot pink snorkeling gear and an underwater camera!
Thank you all for thinking about us during this move. It really has been a fabulous experience so far. We are getting our keys to our new house this week to move in some things. It looks like we will get to move in sooner than expected! I begin work August 17 so we are hoping all our belongings will arrive before. We will be ready for visitors the first of September, so book your tickets now!!!! ;)
Love you guys!
Xoxo,
Liz
Pics: beside where we snorkeled
No comments:
Post a Comment