Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The journey begins...

So it's day 3 in Oman and it already feels like we've lived here for months thanks to our new friends that gave us the local resident tour!  Thanks Ali and Lee!  However, sleeping would be a plus considering we haven't slept more than 5 hours since we've landed.  Furthermore, there are a few small annoyances I will have to learn to ignore, such as, turning electrical outlets on by pushing the button up, showers NOT having doors!! (who wants the floor sopping wet?!), and the infamous butt hose... lucky us, we have toilet paper thus far :).  Other than these, people are SO very friendly and helpful!  I think we are going to like it here!!!!!

Here are a couple pics from today:  1.) Gulf of Oman  2.) Desert village

We are visiting Dubai in two days so I will post more pics soon. :)

That's all for now!
Xoxo,
Liz 





No comments:

Post a Comment